Biking to the Library  

Posted by Wayne Bretski in ,

...is very rewarding. There're just not that many free things in the world.

Here's the branch we go to. I saw a little dude from Miss Bee's old class (!) there today with his family. We looked at science movies together.

School, for those who wonder, is going very well. Mr. S. seems to be getting a little better each week. I'm starting to hit science on all cylinders, since it's pretty easy to interest kids in simple science projects. So far we've had "Movie Fridays" each week, which seems pretty trashy to me, but I've showed a related-to-our-Science-Topic video every time except when we watched the 45 min. Sideways Stories from Wayside School movie.

Any further work-related questions will have to be submitted in writing.



On the lifestyle side, Miss Bee is now attending yoga teacher training courses, for those who don't know. This means that twice a week Mr. S. is sitting alone in the apartment for several hours. So far I've done a little work, watched a lot of Twin Peaks, and gone to the gym while she's away.

So that's life. I'd love to tell more, but I don't want to ruin any good stories I might have to tell in person. Cheerio!

P.S., I picked up World Psychedelic Classics, Vol. 3: Fuzzy Sounds from West Africa on hold at the library, and on impulse I snatched the Criterion Collection DVD of Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo. The gym might have to wait tonight...

2 comments

speaking of biking, i just discovered an amazing huge bike trail that goes right from my neighborhood all the way through Minneapolis. It's beautiful, just like a mini road with its own stop signs, lanes and bridges built for it. It runs along the old train tracks, which is pretty neat.

also...how far are you through Twin Peaks? Gah! we must discuss. especially when you get to the end.

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Archives