Quote of the Day/Where Have All the XWords Gone?  

Posted by Wayne Bretski in

Not going to make a habit of this, but I love this line:

"Sometimes I think we are alone, and sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the idea is quite staggering." - Stanley Kubrick

Also, lest those out there think my crossword skills are diminishing, the reason I haven't been posting them is that they are annoying and of very little value. I will start posting a picture of the finished grid which shows the time I took. I will leave off commentary, and for those of you who do it in syndication, sorry once again for the time lapse.

Hint: if you go to www.cruciverb.com, that day's NYT puzzle is available for free, along with a few other selected puzzles that seem somewhat random (I've seen the NY Sun, Wash. Post, CrosSynergy, Philly Enquirer, LA Times, the Onion, and Ben Tausig crosswords at various times). Just a little heads up if you don't pay for the Times, don't have access to it at school or wherever, and get the five week old version in your local paper. Registration is free, and I believe offers some extra benefits, though I'm not sure what those are.


Tuesday September 4
Manny Nosowski
Difficult for a Tuesday
Theme: Annoying (not officially, I just found it clunky)
Time: N/A as I forgot to stop the clock


I'll also try to post something nice to listen to that the puzzle made me think of - if I had a digital copy of 112's "Peaches and Cream" you KNOW that would be here...since it was a food-themed puzzle that included "tenderloin steak" for breakfast, here goes some Lonnie Youngblood with Soul Food: here

Also, Ben Tausig's weekly puzzle, often available on Cruciverb and also in the Onion's A.V. Club forum:

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Archives