Bruschetta sandwiches  

Posted by Wayne Bretski in

Today I needed something quick - and a to-go order: Parent's night at Griffith Elementary School. With half a loaf of garlic bread, a tomato, and some quartered artichoke hearts, I decided to give a little Mediterranean twist to bruschetta.

First I sliced the loaf lengthwise, then I canoed each half. Into each boat, I poured oil, garlic powder, salt, and some seasoning.

Into the wok went a good amount of garlic, oil, spinach, cilantro, and bread crumbs. Here's that:

Once the spinach began to wither, I spread it over the top of the long piece of bread I cut from the halved loaf. See?
Meanwhile, I used a food processor to chop up some artichoke hearts, and a cut up tomato. This paste I spread into the bread bowl, grated some sharp cheddar over it, and put it in the oven to melt the cheese and lightly toast the bread, as seen here.

When both portions were ready, I put the herb spread upside down on top of the wider artichoke-tomato loaf. Boom. Bruschetta sandwich..


So Leslie's turned out to have retained too much oil from the spinach and wasn't that great; but my half was really tasty. I'll have to try again, with fresher bread, and maybe remember to put the feta cheese on at the end.

1 comments

Bret,

I am getting a little worried about you. I am not sure you have enough to do.
I am really glad you are cooking for Leslie, though. I know she appreciates it also.

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Archives