Posted by Wayne Bretski


"Being the owner of dachshunds, to me a book on dog discipline becomes a volume of inspired humor. Every sentence is a riot. Some day, if I ever get a chance, I shall write a book, or warning, on the character and temperament of the dachshund and why he can't be trained and shouldn't be. I would rather train a striped zebra to balance an Indian club than induce a dachshund to heed my slightest command. When I address Fred I never have to raise either my voice or my hopes. He even disobeys me when I instruct him in something he wants to do."


The always on point E.B. White [emphasis mine].

2 comments

I know your pain! But they love you so unconditionally that usually they want to do what you say anyway. Dog treats are the key! They'll do anything for food. She's adorable I wish she was here to squeeze!!!

Sounds like a cat!

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Archives